Blumira’s modern SIEM platform integrates with VMware Carbon Black App Control (formerly CB Protection) to detect cybersecurity threats and provide an automated or actionable response to remediate when a threat is detected on an endpoint.
When configured, the Blumira integration with VMware Carbon Black App Control will stream server and workstation endpoint security event logs and alerts to the Blumira service for threat detection and actionable response.
Required Blumira Module: Logger
Configuring VMware Carbon Black App Control Logging
VMware Carbon Black App Control has a number of methods for log and event collection. At this point, Blumira recommends the Syslog method of collection but may include API collection in the future for additional coverage into the environments.
Before starting this configuration, ensure that you have the IP to the Blumira Sensor you intend to send the data to and that the Blumira Sensor has the latest version of the Logger module. Additionally, the CBP server must be able to send SYSLOG 514 TCP/UDP to your Blumira Sensor.
Syslog Setup for VMware Carbon Black App Control
- Log in to the App Control Console and navigate to System Configuration > Events > Edit.
- In the External Event Logging window, click the check box next to Syslog Enabled.
- Enter the relevant details for the Syslog application:
- In Syslog Address, enter the IP address of your Blumira Sensor.
- In Syslog Port, enter 514.
- Set the Syslog Format to RFC5424.
- Click Update and review the changes.
- Click Yes to apply the changes.