Blumira’s modern cloud SIEM platform integrates with Symantec Endpoint Security to detect cybersecurity threats and provide actionable response to remediate when a threat is detected.
When configured, the Blumira integration with Symantec Endpoint Security will stream security event logs to the Blumira service for automated threat detection and actionable response.
Configure Log Forwarding for Symantec Endpoint Security
Forward traffic logs from Symantec Endpoint Security to a SIEM for longterm storage, compliance, audit, reporting or legal reasons.
Required Blumira Module: Logger
- In the console, click Admin.
- Click Servers.
- Click the local site or remote site that you want to export log data from.
- Click Configure External Logging.
- On the General tab, in the Update Frequency list box, select how often to send the log data to the file.
- In the Master Logging Server list box, select the management server to send the logs to.
- NOTE: If you use SQL Server and connect multiple management servers to the database, specify only one server as the Master Logging Server.
- Check Enable Transmission of Logs to a Syslog Server.
- Provide the following information:Syslog Server
- Type the IP address or domain name of the Syslog server that you want to receive the log data. This will be the IP address of your Blumira Sensor.
- Select the protocol to use, and type the destination port that the Syslog server uses to listen for Syslog messages.
- Type the number of the log facility that you want to the Syslog configuration file to use, or use the default. Valid values range from 0 to 23.
- On the Log Filter tab, check which logs to export.
- Click OK.