Although Blumira does not natively integrate with Microsoft Teams, there are two different options that you can use to send Blumira notifications to a Microsoft Teams channel. This article explains how to configure both.
Before you begin
Before you can configure Blumira to send notifications in Microsoft Teams, you must obtain the email address for the Microsoft Teams channel in which you want to send notifications.
To obtain the email address:
- In Microsoft Teams, click in the channel in which you want to send Blumira notifications.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Menu button (the three dots).
- Click Get email address.
- Copy the email address for the channel.
- Go to one or both of the following sections, depending on when you want to send alerts:
Sending notifications using scheduled reports
You might find it beneficial to send all regularly-scheduled reports to a Microsoft Teams channel. To send notifications about scheduled reports:
- In the Blumira app, in the menu on the left, click Reporting.
- Click Scheduled Reports.
- In the row for the report that you want to send to a channel, click Edit Report.
- In the Recipients box, paste the email address that you copied in Before you begin, and then click Save.
Sending notifications for all Blumira findings
To send a notification in a Microsoft Teams channel for all Blumira findings:
- In the Blumira app, in the menu on the left, click Settings.
- Click Users.
- Click Add New User.
- Type a name for the user (e.g., MS TEAMS) in the First Name and Last Name boxes.
- Paste the email address that you copied in Before you begin in the Email box.
- From the Roles in list, select Monitor.
- From the Locations list, select the location that you want to use, and then click Save Changes. The user, by default, receives notifications about all Blumira findings, which then appear in Microsoft Teams.